2010年3月7日

Tori's Ten Favorites Albums


Musikexpress/Sounds magazine (Germany)
April 1998
"Mein Plattenschrank" (My Record Closet)


Tori's ten favorites albums:

Led Zeppelin - Box Set
Marvin Gaye - Greatest Hits
David Bowie - Aladdin Sane
The Beatles - White Album
Janis Joplin - Pearl
Kate Bush - Hounds Of Love
The Cure - Mixed Up
Talk Talk - Spirit Of Eden
The Pretenders – Pretenders
Stevie Wonder - Inner Visions


About Hounds Of Love, Tori says: "I love the second side of this album. I was in Los Angeles when I heard this record for the first time. I was hanging out in the rock chick scene. Thigh-high boots, gigantic amounts of hairspray, and everything. I had encountered nothing but rejection for months, nobody liked my piano stuff. And I was in a band that did something completely different. Then I found this record, and put it on, listened to side one, liked it OK, listened to side two, listened to side two again, and again, and again and again (sings): "You can't hear me, you can't hear what I’m saying, you didn't hear me come in, you won't hear me leaving." This turned me inside out. It changed my life. I decided to leave the man with whom I shared an apartment; I left the man I was living with because of this record."


出自1998四月號德國雜誌Musikexpresss
多莉艾莫絲列出自己的十大最愛專輯

關於凱特布希的〈Hounds Of Love〉,多莉說到:「我喜歡這張 專輯的第二面。第一次聽這張唱片時我人在洛杉磯,那時我還扮 演著搖滾勁妞,穿著高跟長靴,頂著大量髮膠。我到處碰壁,沒 有人喜歡我的鋼琴,我在樂團裡做著完全不同的音樂。然後我發 現了這張唱片,我播放了唱片,聽了第一面,覺得還不錯,聽了 第二面,聽完後再聽了一次,然後再聽了一次,再一次再一次。 (多莉唱了起來:)『你聽不到我;你聽不到我所說的;你沒聽 見我進來了;你不會聽見我離開。』這音樂將我裡裡外外翻滾了 一遍;改變了我的人生。我決定離開當時和我同住公寓的男人; 因為這張唱片,我離開了我住在一起的男人。」

1 則留言:

playboymommy 提到...

tori說到凱特布希的愛之獵犬turned her inside out,而當初turned me inside out的是tori的little earthquake。

張貼留言